Tuesday, November 8, 2011

When is the Perfect Time for Family Portraits?



I just read an article on another blog that really hit home today.

Please take a minute and read it HERE.

Several weeks ago my family lost some very dear and precious girls.  While we aren't blood related they are as much a part of my family as my own children.  I had taken their portraits the summer of 2010.  We were planning on taking them again at the end of summer 2011, but their family ran out of time before their big move and we postponed it until this fall.  In October, a tragic accident claimed the lives of 2 of the daughters.  I wish I had insisted that they make time for portraits before they left, but as they say "hind sight is 20/20".

I will always cherish the portraits from their last session, as I'm sure their family does.


Please don't find excuses anymore and make sure you take a portrait with your family this year.  Even if its just with your own camera on a tripod or a friend!

No comments: